Battle Hardened Barcelona 2023
The path to the biggest stage in Flesh and Blood TCG Organized Play begins with a Professional Tournament Invitation (PTI), and one of the best places to secure these prized assets is Battle Hardened with PTIs awarded to both finalists! PTIs can be used to enter any Professional-level tournament, including Pro Tours and the World Championship, and do not expire, compared to invitations from ProQuest events that are only valid for the associated Pro Tour event they feed.
Sunday, November 19th – Living Legend
Venue Open 8:00 am
Event start time 9:30 am
Player Cap: 384
- 6 – 10 rounds of Swiss*
- Swiss + Top 8
*Depends on the number of participants at the start of the event.
- Single Elimination best-of-1
- No time limit
- Higher seat chooses who starts the game.
Extra Rules info
- Rules Enforcement Level (REL): Competitive
- Swiss rounds are 50 + 5 minutes in duration. (50 + 5 means there are 5 minutes allocated for the start-of-game procedure. Players must have presented their deck and revealed their equipment and weapons within this 5-minute window. If both players complete the start-of-game procedure in less than 5 minutes, they may begin playing their match immediately.)
- Decks must be Living Legend legal as defined by the Card Legality Policy.
- Deck registration must be done PRIOR to the start of the event
- Players may not change their registered deck during the tournament.
- Deck checks will be conducted by event staff throughout the tournament.
- It is the responsibility of each player to ensure there are no distinguishing marks or patterns on their cards or card sleeves for the duration of the tournament. Vendors will be onsite to purchase sleeves if required.
1st: – $500 USD + Battle Hardened Exclusive Playmat, PTI, Gold Foil Legendary Black Envelope
2nd – $500 USD + Battle Hardened Exclusive Playmat, PTI
3rd-4th – $250 USD + Battle Hardened Exclusive Playmat
5th-8th – $125 USD + Battle Hardened Exclusive Playmat
Living Legend Rules
The Living Legend format is a thrilling evolution of Classic Constructed, where the mighty heroes who’ve achieved living legend status, along with their iconic weapons, have been unshackled from the confines of conventional play – a realm where old heroes find new glory, and where players can unleash the full potential of their decks. Step into the shoes of these revered champions and embrace the power of unparalleled card synergies, or step up to the challenge with your contender to take down these renowned titans. Are you ready to test the strength of living legends?
The following only covers the basics and recommendations for Living Legend. Please refer to the Tournament Rules and Policy for more complete details on running a Living Legend. The full Living Legend Ruleset can be found here.
Living Legend is based on the Classic Constructed format.
- 1 hero card (can’t be a young hero)
- 80 card-pool (includes weapons, equipment, etc., and cards in the deck)
- Start with a minimum of 60 cards in the deck
- Up to 3 copies of each unique card
- 55 minutes per round, first to 1
Card-pool Construction Rules
In Living Legend, each player registers their non-young hero card and 80 cards that make up their card-pool. The card-pool includes arena-cards (weapons, equipment, etc.), and deck-cards that will start in the player’s deck. A card can only be included in a Player’s card-pool if the card’s class/talents are a subset of the hero’s class/talents (e.g. a Light talent card can only be included in a card-pool if the hero has a Light talent).
Generic cards can be included in any card-pool. A card-pool may contain up to 3 copies of each unique card. A card is unique if it has a different name AND pitch value from another card. (e.g. Sink Below (red) is unique compared to Sink Below (blue) because they have different pitch values)
These rules are subject to the effects of the hero or cards in the card-pool, which may allow or limit what cards can be included. (e.g. Heroes with “Essence” allow certain talented cards to be included, even if the hero doesn’t have the same talent. Cards with “Legendary” limit themselves to only 1 in the card-pool.) For an up-to-date list of cards legal in Living Legend please refer to the Card Legality Policy.
If the tournament requires card-pool registration, you can find the official forms in Tournament Forms.
Fabled Event Package – €170
1 Fabled Event Voucher (Entry into Calling or Battle Hardened or any other open-entry event)
1 Silver Event Voucher (Side event entry voucher worth €35)
2 Bronze Event Vouchers (Side event entry voucher worth €20)
1 Pack of Sleeves: Eye of Ophidia art
1 Package playmat: Figment of Protection
3 Protocol promo cards
Optional: Make it Gold and add a player reception ticket to this package for only €60.
Battle Hardened Entry – €50
1 Entry ticket for Battle Hardened Barcelona (Living Legends Return)
1 Dash I/O Rainbow Foil Promo