The Calling Madrid Fact Sheet
The Calling Factsheets provides detailed information about different aspects of The Calling.
Want to know how the Main Event looks?
Interested in the Side Events?
What about the Prize Wall?
Find all the answers to your questions here!
The Uprising World Premiere
Friday June 10th
6 rounds Sealed Deck Swiss
Calling: Madrid Event
Saturday June 11th – Sunday June 12th
Team Blitz Constructed
Top-4: Single Elim Teams Blitz Constructed
Swiss rounds are best-of-one
Sunday April 12th
6 rounds Classic Constructed Swiss
Top-8: Single Elim Classic Constructed
The Calling Main Event
The Main Event is a huge two day tournament with a USD20.000 prize pool that starts on Saturday with the top-performing players returning on Sunday to battle for the prestigious Top-4. Top-4 teams earn an invite to a Flesh and Blood Professional Tournament(PT). This event is designed for those seeking a more competitive experience or looking to be part of some of the largest Flesh and Blood tournaments in the world.
At each The Calling event there will be Side Events running every day. Side Events are smaller tournaments designed for those looking for shorter less competitive experience than the Main Event. There will be events starting regularly in a variety of formats. If the Main Event is not for you check out the Side Event packages to get your fill of Side Events!
The full schedule of the Side Events will be posted soon!
Play Side Events during our 3 days event and earn Prize Points! Be sure to check out the Prize Wall during the weekend to see what prizes are available for you to win and take home!
Aside from ways to play The Calling will feature many vendors buying and selling Flesh and Blood products. Looking for that perfect Cold Foil or Alternate art Promo, its very likely one of the vendors will have what you are looking for.
The Calling: Madrid Team Blitz Constructed
Calling Madrid Event Information
Day One: Saturday June 11th – Team Blitz Constructed
Venue Open 8:00 am
Event start time 9:00 am
D1 will consist of 7-9 rounds of Swiss. (BO1)
This will result in a cut to Top-24 teams or all teams with records of X-2 or better, whichever is higher.
Day Two: Sunday June 12th – Team Blitz Constructed & Top-4
Venue Open 8:00 am
Event start time 9:00 am
D2 will consist of 3-5 rounds of Swiss (BO1) followed by a cut to Top-4
Team Single-Elimination playoff (Best of one)
Top-4 playoff matches will have no time limit. Players are still expected to play at a normal pace and complete playoff matches in a reasonable amount of time.
The Top 4 bracket will be determined using the team’s ranking after the Swiss part of the event. In the playoffs, the team that finished higher in the Standings during the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or second.
- Players will have to select a team in advance through the Team Registration Form (Information coming soon)
- Rules Enforcement Level (REL): Professional
- Decklists will be gathered during player-meeting and random deck checks will be performed during the entire event.
- Swiss rounds are 35 minutes in duration. (Players must reveal their hero when the start of round is announced, and must present their deck and reveal their equipment and weapons within five minutes of the start of round)
- Decks must be Blitz legal as defined by the Card Legality Policy.
- Each team member must play a different young hero.
- Deck registration must be done using full English card names only and be clearly legible.
- The official Deck Registration Sheet is available here.
Players may not change their registered deck during the tournament.
- Deck checks will be conducted by event staff throughout the tournament.
- It is the responsibility of each player to ensure there are no distinguishing marks or patterns on their cards or card sleeves for the duration of the tournament. Vendors will be onsite to purchase sleeves if required.
1st: THE CHAMPIONS – $7500 for team + 3 Random Gold Foil Legendary cards+ PTI for each member
2nd – $3000 for team + 3 Random Gold Foil Legendary cards + PTI for each member
3rd-4th – $1500 for team + 3 Random Gold Foil Legendary cards + PTI for each member
5th-8th – $900 for team
9th-16th – $450 for team
The World Premiere will feature Side Events running every day.
Side Events are tournaments run in addition to the Main Event.
These are designed for those looking for a shorter experience than the Main Event.
Classic Constructed Swiss
Sunday 12th of June
The path to the biggest stage in Flesh and Blood TCG Organized Play begins with a Professional Tournament Invitation, and one of the best places to secure these prize assets is Battle Hardened. PTIs are up for grabs, as well as exclusive Battle Hardened series playmats to the Top-8, + a Random Drop Gold Foil Legendary to the Champion and coveted Professional Tournament Invites (PTIs) to both the winner and runner-up. You read that correctly, there is not one but two PTIs on offer at Battle Hardened!
PTIs can be used to enter any Professional level tournament (including Pro Tours and the World Championship) and do not expire, whereas invitations from the in-store ProQuest series are only valid for their associated Pro Tour event.
Whether it’s swords or daggers, clubs or hammers, Combo or Crushes, Intimidation or Ironsong Determination, bring your mastery of the set that started it all to the table and secure your spot in a major upcoming invite-only professional event in 2022!
Battle Hardened Prizes
1st – USD500 + Random Drop Gold Foil Legendary + PTI + Battle Hardened Series Exclusive Playmat
2nd – USD500 + PTI + Battle Hardened Series Exclusive Playmat
3rd-4th – USD250 + Battle Hardened Series Exclusive Playmat
5th-8th – USD125 + Battle Hardened Series Exclusive Playmat
- This event will use 6 rounds of Swiss followed by a cut to Top-8. The maximum attendance is 512 players.
- Rules Enforcement Level (REL): Competitive.
- This is a Classic Constructed Best of One event.
- Swiss rounds are 55 minutes in duration. (Players must reveal their hero when the start of round is announced, and must present their deck and reveal their equipment and weapons within five minutes of the start of round)
- Decklists will be gathered at the start of R1 and random deck checks will be performed during the rounds of the tournament.
- Top 8 playoff matches will have no time limit. (Players are still expected to play at a normal pace and complete playoff matches in a reasonable amount of time.)
- In the Top 8, the player that finished higher in the Standings during the Swiss rounds chooses either to play first or second.
- Top 8 will be BO1 single-elimination rounds.